The Mission of Camps Leelanau and Kohahna is to provide exceptional camp
programs that cultivate Christian character and leadership qualities based on the
practical demonstration of Christian Science.
The Mission of the Leelanau Outdoor Center is to provide a transformative
experience that ignites growth in character and a lasting love of the outdoors.
Job Title: Maintenance Assistant
The Maintenance Assistant works closely with the Maintenance Manager to care for
all parts of the physical grounds for Camps Leelanau and Kohahna. This is
a year round salaried position. Patience, understanding, flexibility, and creativity
are essential qualities. This position reports to the Maintenance Manager.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Provide daily metaphysical support for the Camp Leelanau & Kohahna
Foundation, which include active participation in regularly scheduled
2. Work with the Maintenance Manager, Kitchen Manager, and Camp Directors
to keep the place running, clean, and safe for all users.
3. Anticipate needs and be ready to work
4. Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
Common Job Performance Responsibilities:
1. Leadership – Assume responsibility; lead by example; maintain a positive
attitude; motivate others; be flexible; overcome obstacles; identify
opportunities to improve; initiate assignments.
2. Communication- Communicate clearly, written and verbally; listen
attentively and be receptive to feedback; provide timely, appropriate and
candid feedback; prepare required paperwork.
3. Good Judgement (Wisdom) – Analyze and resolve problems; anticipate
challenges; assess objective and subjective hazards; make decisions
appropriate to situations.
4. Teamwork- Work cooperatively with others; build relationships and team
spirit; treat others with dignity and respect; compromise; address conflict
5. Self Development – Strive to improve performance; understand areas of
strength and areas for growth; desire and effort t enhance skills and develop
new skills; receive feedback.
6. Professionalism – Punctual with assignments and activities. Dress
appropriately for the role; represent LOC and Camp in a positive manner at
public and private events; place LOC and Camp program ahead of personal
needs; maintain confidentiality; avoid discussions of in-house matters with
parents, campers, or others. Utilize vacation and personal time
appropriately; be on time and maintain appropriate office hours.
7. Contribute and adhere to the mission, vision, and core values of the
organization through word and action on duty and off. “A Rule for Motives
and Acts” from the Manual of the Mother Church serves as a guideline.
Minimum two years experience. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. CDL preferred.
Camp Leelanau & Kohahna and LOC, or other Christian Science organization,
experience preferred. Must submit to all required state and accreditation criminal
background and driving checks. Must possess a valid driver’s license and be
insurable by foundation insurance carrier.