The Board is grateful to report that the Leelanau and Kohahna Endowment Fund has grown through donations and sound investing. The Endowment Fund is currently around $1.3 Million. Alumni and friends of the Camps are invited to continue supporting the Fund as it moves towards its goal of $6 Million. As the Endowment Fund expands, its income will increase to support annual camperships, as well as help maintain the camp property and equipment.
- Here are some ways that Donors are helping to ensure that future generations have access to the character building programs that have always distinguished Leelanau and Kohahna:
- A grateful Kohahna alumna contributes significantly every year to the Endowment Fund
- Along with a gift for equipment upgrades, a Leelanau alumnus also orchestrated a generous gift to the Endowment Fund to support the maintenance of those upgrades.
- A Kohahna alumna made a substantial contribution from her IRA
- Many alumni tell us that they are including the Camps in their estate planning
The thoughtful gift-giving that has transpired and its beneficial effects on young lives have brought inspiration to all whose lives have been touched by the Camps. Maintaining this generous support will uphold the quality camping experience that Leelanau and Kohahna provide now and forever. For more information, visit the Ways to Give page.
Click here to make an online donation to Camp through our secure giving page.